Everything about GIODO
SAFE-ANIMAL database is registered in the national open register of personal information run by the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data. Thus, we can guarantee that the personal information of pets' owners is fully secure.
You are safe with us!
GIODO competences are determined by Personal Data Protection Act of 29 Aug 1997 (i.e. Dz. U. from 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended).
Based on the Act, GIODO can:
- control if personal information processing is compliant with personal data protection acts,
- issue administrative rulings and investigate complaints related to execution of personal data protection acts,,
- keep a data register and disclose information about the registered data,
- voice opinions on draft laws and directives related to personal data protection,
- initiate and carry out actions related to improving personal data protection,
- participate in international organizations and institutions' works related to personal data protection.
When personal data protection rules are violated, Inspector General by means of administrative decision - ex officio or upon the request of the claimant - orders restitution of lawful position.